Wed, Mar 11|
Talk | Ethereum Blockchain: A Technical Overview on Blockchain 2.0
Hi all, in our upcoming gathering, we will give a technical overview on Ethereum Blockchain, aka Blockchain 2.0. The speaker will be a reputable scholar in the field of information theory, blockchain, machine learning, networked control & communications theory.
Time & Location
Mar 11, 2020, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
WeWork, 315 W 36th St, New York, NY 10018, USA
About the Event
Lecture | 6:30pm-8:00pm
- The basics of Ethereum blockchain
- Why blockchain 2.0 - smart contracts
- Ethereum consensus - GHOST protocol, proof-of-stake protocol
- Ethereum-based real-world applications
Open Discussion | 8:00pm-8:30pmAbout the Speaker:
Chong Li, PHD (https://www.linkedin.com/in/chongli727/).
Dr. Li is an expert in the field of AI and blockchain technology. As one of the co-founders of NTLabs, a blockchain and AI-focused research lab, he also teaches graduate-level courses on blockchain, reinforcement learning and convex optimization at Columbia University. Dr. Li holds more than 200 patents. He’s also the author of the book “Reinforcement Learning for Cyber-physical Systems” (Taylor & Francis CRC press).
In addition to publishing papers on top-ranking academic journals, including Proceedings of the IEEE, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, IEEE Communications Magazine, Automatica, etc., he serves as a reviewer and technical program committee for most prestigious journals and conferences in communications and control societies as well.
- This event is a great opportunity for individual professionals to grasp an overall understanding of blockchain and Ethereum. It will be also helpful for entrepreneurs/C-suite executives who are interested in applying blockchain technology to their businesses.
- Join our slack group, ask questions, and share information about blockchain! Speaker slides will also be shared on Slack.
- We are in preparation for a series of blockchain lectures and talks. Please stay tuned!